Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Tongue Can Bring Death or Life. Proverbs 18:21

The choice is ours!

His mouth is full of curses and lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.
Psalm 10:6-8


We speak so many words of "death” in our marriage, is there any wonder why we experience difficult times?
With the following negative speaking:
To him:
I know you will eventually cheat.
You’re not a good provider.
You’re just like your good-for-nothing Dad.
Is there anything you can do right?
Why I am with you…?

To yourself:
I’m getting fat.
I’m not pretty.
My hair is always a mess.
I’m not buying anything else until I lose weight.

These word choices are a due to a lack of faith, respect, and honor to our Husbands and ourselves. Eventually these words will seep into his spirit, and ultimately you will see the manifestation of your words through his attitude and actions, and ultimately your marriage.

WORDS HAVE POWER:
My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
Psalm 35:27-28

Instead make the right choice and speak words of “life”.   As much as he may walk around as “Mr. Macho” he needs to hear how much we love, need, support & believe in him. You will be amaze how you’re positive words can change any situation you may be going through into what God intended your marriage to be.


Speaking positive words are not solely for him. You must find words to encourage yourself. Through this assignment of wife our body, mind & soul will go through different seasons. Learn to love YOU, no matter what, because if you do not love or like yourself, you have no right to be disappointed if he does not either.

Love Ya,
The Only Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment